You can set up Meditate so that some users can only make edits
within the system, and others have to review the edits before
they are published. The key to this functionality is the Role
setting on the Users > Edit page. The roles work as follows:
- Editor These users can edit content, but can only set
its status to In Progress or In Review. They cannot publish
- Reviewer These users can review the content edited
by Editors and either publish or undo the changes.
- Administrator These users can do all of the above, plus
add users or change the roles of users.
This, then, is the basic approval workflow:
- An Editor logs into Meditate and edits some content. He or she saves
the content with a status of In Review.
- A Reviewer logs into Meditate and views the Content > Review page. Each
outstanding edit appears here.
- The reviewer can click View
to view the edited content, Edit to perform further edits,
Publish to publish it, or Revert to undo it.