Auto-scrolling documents or lyrics
Instead of changing pages by tapping the screen or using a foot switch, you can configure Set List Maker to auto-scroll your documents or lyrics. You can watch a tutorial video or read on for more details:
- To use this feature, you must enter durations for the songs you want to auto-scroll, using the Duration field on the song edit page. Alternatively, you can enter a default song duration on the show edit page, and then any song that doesn't have a specific duration entered will use this default duration. You can also enter a default song duration on the Settings > General Settings page, and this will be used for all future shows, as well as for songs viewed within a smart list.
- When you view a document or lyrics in the show view, the document icon will show a down-arrow to indicate that auto-scrolling is available: . You can tap this icon to start auto-scrolling, or tap it again to pause. You can also override the auto-scroll position while it is running by dragging the document to a new position.
- The auto-scroll feature includes an automatically calculated pre-roll that allows you to read the first part of your document or lyrics before the scrolling begins. When auto-scroll is activated, the document icon changes to a countdown timer to show you where you are in the pre-roll or the auto-scroll duration.
- If the automatically calculated scroll speed doesn't work for you, you can go to Settings > General Settings > Auto-Scroll > Calculate Auto-Scroll Duration and select Manual. Then a field for Auto-Scroll Pre-Roll and Auto-Scroll Duration will appear on the song edit page. You can enter values here to control the scroll speed for each song regardless of its Duration setting. This is better than manipulating the Duration field to control the scroll speed, because the Duration field is also used to calculate the lengths of set lists.
- You can also control Set List Maker's behavior when you override the auto-scroll position or pause and resume the auto-scrolling, with the Settings > General Settings > Auto-Scroll > Recalculate Speed If Overridden option. When turned on, Set List Maker will adjust the scrolling speed to reach the bottom of your document or lyrics at the original end time of the song. When disabled, Set List Maker will continue with the original scrolling speed and adjust the completion time of the song to match when you reach the bottom of the document.
- If your layout does not include a document button, you can still start auto-scrolling from a remote control action or a layout action.