These are the terms I use to describe the basic concepts inside of Set List Maker If you use the same terms, you'll understand the documentation more easily and will be able to write better help requests.
- song: an item you add to your database that includes fields for title, artist, key, tempo, etc.
- recording: an audio file that you can attach to a song and play within the app
- MIDI preset: a collection of MIDI program changes or other MIDI messages that you can attach to a song and send from the app
- document: a word processing, text or image file that you can attach to a song and view within the app
- lyrics: text that you can type or paste into a song, then view or edit within the app
- show: an item you add to your database that includes fields for name, date, pay, etc. plus a list of attached songs that you can rearrange in any order
- set list: the list of songs attached to a show
- break: the time that your band leaves the stage between sets; you can add breaks to a set list when editing a show
- pause: a shorter time that your band might take between particular songs to change equipment or make announcements; you can add pauses to a set list when editing a show
- show view: the page in the app where you can view and interact with a show you've created; show views can include the set list, the details for the selected song, or both in a split-view layout
- layout: an arrangement of text and buttons in the show view; the app includes several predefined layouts, but you can edit them to your liking or create new layouts from scratch